Friday, August 31, 2007

Wet and Rainy Friday

Rainy weather does one thing for me, gives me an excellent excuse to knit, spin, and play with fiber. I am a fire sign, and love warm bright days. Cold wet dark days are depressing to me. I brighten these times with the fire in my wheel.


The first wheel I ever bought was a Babe. From Carolina Homespun http://www.carolinahomespun.com/, made by "Babe's Fiber Garden". It is an inexpensive wheel, and works wonderfully. I still use it. I love it. It is my friend.


Today, I am spinning some very soft and static Alpaca. Being a wet and rainy day, it is helping with the static electricity. Having a full pound of this stuff, I will be happy when the Alpaca is all spun. I seem to be getting more on me than twisted on the bobbin, and having a hard time keeping it all the same wpi. It will need some creative plying to make a balanced yarn.
Life is filled with challenges this one is minor. Enjoy the long weekend!

Blessings

No comments: